structure fire

Investigators unable to identify body found in Pine Township barn fire

Audio Article
Autopsy of body to be conducted 

Michigan State Police have not been able to identify the body that was found in a barn fire Tuesday. 

One person dies in Pine Township barn fire

Audio Article

One person has been found dead after firefighters responded to a barn fire Tuesday morning.

At approximately 10:31 a.m., firefighters from the Lakeview District Fire Department, receiving automatic mutual aid from the Montcalm Township Fire Department, responded to the report of a barn fire at 10776 Hillis Road.

Firefighters put out blaze at former railway shed

A small unoccupied shed, previously utilized when rail traffic was prominent in this city, caught fire early Monday morning leaving behind a scorched, but still-standing structure.

At approximately 3:08 a.m., the Greenville Department of Public Safety was dispatched to the report of a “barn on fire” located on N. Court Street between E. Montcalm and E. State streets, adjacent and to the west of the Fred Meijer Heartland Trail, west of Federal-Mogul.

Fertilizer equipment fire at Herbruck’s extinguished by firefighters Monday

No people or animals injured

A fire that started with fertilizer equipment at the Herbruck’s Green Meadows Organics facility Monday afternoon was extinguished with no injuries to any employees, firefighters or animals. 

At approximately 2:05 p.m., firefighters with the Berlin-Orange Fire Department were dispatched to the Herbruck’s facility at 3896 W. Grand River Ave., about six miles southeast of Saranac. 

Howard City home, cats safe after Tuesday fire

A quick response by Howard City firefighters saved an old home and three cats locked inside at the scene of a house fire Tuesday.

The Howard City Fire Department responded to reports of a structure fire at 607 W. Shaw Street, at the corner of N. Hemlock St., across from the Mobil gas station, around 6:13 p.m.

Training, new equipment play ‘large role’ in fire fight

Wednesday morning fire in Greenville contained to garage and breezeway, house saved 

A house remains standing today thanks to some quick thinking from firefighters who knocked down a blaze within minutes of arriving at a structure fire Wednesday morning. 

At approximately 1:22 a.m., the Greenville Department of Public Safety was dispatched to a 911 call of a structure fire on the backside of the residence at 903 E. Eureka St. 

Lakeview firefighters respond to two structure fires in two days

Firefighters from the Lakeview District Fire Department have had their hands full this week, fighting two structure fires in as many days.

At around 2 p.m. on Sunday, Lakeview responded with mutual aid from the Howard City and Montcalm Township fire departments to a report of a fire at a home at 3643 Fresian Lane in Pine Township.

Single-wide destroyed in early Sunday morning fire

A single-wide structure in the Fenwick area was destroyed in a fire early Sunday morning.

At approximately 4:05 a.m., the Sheridan Community Fire Department was dispatched to the 800 block of W. Jenks Road, around 803 W. Jenks Road, according to Sheridan Community Fire Chief Ed Lingeman.

Fire scare at Mission Point in Greenville triggers large response, no one injured 

Dozens of emergency personnel were able to take a collective sigh of relief Monday night upon arriving at Mission Point for a fire alarm call at the nursing home. 

The Greenville Department of Public Safety was dispatched to the 100-bed facility at 828 E. Washington St. (M-91) in Greenville at 9:11 p.m. after employees pulled the fire alarm, but shortly after arriving, it was determined there was no fire, but instead a likely electrical issue leading to smoke. 

‘That’s a win’

Garages destroyed, but houses saved in Sunday fire at Perch Lake

While two neighboring garages were destroyed in a fire Sunday afternoon, firefighters are celebrating efforts that likely saved nearby lakeside residences. 

Firefighters with the Montcalm Township Fire Department were dispatched at 12:25 p.m. to the report of a generator that had caught fire, with the fire spreading to a garage at 3601 Holiday Dr. on Perch Lake.