Friday, April 12, 2024

Greenville trash receptacle fire quickly extinguished

Homeowner’s ‘quick actions’ credited for save

After hearing loud booming and popping sounds coming from outside her home Tuesday afternoon, Jewel O’Connor was shocked to find her trash and recycling receptacles fully ablaze. 

At approximately 3:05 p.m., the Greenville Department of Public Safety was dispatched to 410 W. South St. after O’Connor called 911 upon discovering the fire. 

Oops! An active subscription is required to view this content.

Please login below or purchase a subscription to the Daily News!